Events and more...


See Coming Up tab at the top of the page for updates



Thursday 29 August 2013

Spoken Word Educators... now fully funded!

GREAT NEWS!!

It feels like final validation for the hard work we've been doing this past year... The Arts Council has  agreed to match fund our residencies in schools for the academic year 2013-14. Which means all the Spoken Word Educators will receive a proper wage this year! More details on this can be found here.

This is big big news and I've been dancing around about it all week! I'll be starting work at my new school from next Monday and it's a relief to know that all I need to fund is my tuition fees for the next academic year. 

Mellow9 Productions have also been collaborating with us, in order to document what is a truly pioneering project. We are hoping the film will track the Spoken Word Educators through our schools and through the pupils we are working with. This, however, remains to be funded. Here's a taster of what they are doing:


The Spoken Word Educators website talks a  lot more about what we're doing and is due to be updated further in the next few weeks; we're also all going to be starting in our new schools in the next week; I hope to be interviewing my comrades over the next month or so as we begin our new posts, so stay posted for more! 


No comments:

Post a Comment